“The Village looks superb – thanks for all your efforts – it is appreciated.”
“To show (my) support for the wonderful job you do putting public flowers in the village.”
Redbourn in Bloom was formed in 1999 as part of the village’s Millennium celebrations. In 2000 we held the first of our biennial Open Gardens Weekends and started entering the annual Anglia in Bloom Campaign. In 2002 we took on the organizing of the Redbourn Horticultural Show, and in 2006 became the Redbourn in Bloom Horticultural Society. This event has now become the “Grand Autumn Show”.
We are an active and friendly group who enjoy lots of events, talks and trips throughout the year, including an annual short holiday in May. We run local competitions such as “Best Front Garden”, “Best Community Building”, “Best Allotment” etc, and encourage local schools, playgroups, youth organizations and community groups to participate in our efforts to enhance the village and develop a love of horticulture.
We have a highly-valued band of volunteers who help with our planting schemes and assist at our events.
Our planting schemes are funded by our very modest membership subscriptions, donations, proceeds from our events, generous local business sponsorship and much-appreciated support from Redbourn Parish Council. We became a registered charity in 2018.
We have great fun, and enjoy contributing towards village life. New members are always welcome!
Trip to Worchestershire - May 2019
Why Join Us?
1. Glance through Diary of events.
2. Get a measure of our activities in and for Redbourn.
3. Join to show your support for what we do.
4. Learn from our Newsletter and this website what’s happening next.
5. Turn up to help with planting, weeding or setting up an Event and chat to a Committee member.
6. Offer to help on a sub-committee of your choice.
7. Decide to put in some major effort.
8. Offer to join the main committee.
9. Do things to enhance Redbourn and introduce new ideas.
10. Enjoy it !